Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Water Marble Strips Take 2

It's been awhile since I've used dry water marble strips for a mani.  Check out my previous post.  I made the water marble sheets yesterday and allowed them to dry overnight.  24 hours of drying time seemed to be the perfect amount.  The nail polish separated from the plastic with ease.  The colors used are Sally Hansen Black out, China glaze shower together, cross iron and trendsetter.  They had a nice contrast next to one another.




I cut the sheets into triangular strips.  I wanted the strips to look like they were made of tiny stripes.   The strips were placed over a base coat of shower together. My only regret is matching the blue on the strips to the background color.  It ends up making the strips look too short for the nails when the blue stripe lines up at the base of the nail.  An example being my middle finger. Otherwise, i really like the color combo and the way it turned out.









1 comment: