Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jellyfish

This design reminded me of jellyfish floating at the top of the ocean.   I'm sure this look could be achieved by directly applying polish to the nail, but I applied the design to a plastic bag and let it dry for 24 hours.  I hate putting a thick layer of polish on my nails.   It inevitably gets bumped and smudged.  Using the plastic allows me to apply the polish as thick as I want and then having the option to set it aside to dry over night.   A dotting tool was used to swirl the color. 

Here are the designs drying on the bag. 



I applied two coats of the same polish I used for the base of the design.  This way the polish strips don't have to line up exactly with my nails.



The look was completed with two coats of Seche Vite to smooth everything out.




6 comments:

  1. Very cool! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaay this is rally nice!

    i nominated you for the Leibster blog award! check out the link to my blog and pass on the happiness :) http://lollysnailpaints.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete