Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dots, stripes and dashes! Oh my...

I always enjoyed nail art when I was younger, but got away from doing it over the years.  It's difficult with work to keep up a hobby in my free time (I'm sure everyone can relate).  I stumbled upon kitties26 blog a few months ago when I was looking up swatches for some OPI polishes.  This was the inspiration I needed to start up experimenting with frankens and designs.  It's amazing what a large nail-loving community there is on the internet.  MK's blog has had so much helpful information on supplies and mixing frankens...I just wish I would have found it before I wasted way too much money on random glitter.  So, thank you to all of you talented nail artists!

Here is a fun dot and stripe mani.  I love the contrast of the colors and patterns.  Unfortunately my right hand didn't work out quite as well.








The colors used:
1. Ulta- sun-sational
2. Sally Hansen-black out (+ black mica)
3. China glaze-shower together
4.Stripe Rite- black
5. Milani- white canvas

I also used a dotting tool and fine-tip paint brush.  


No comments:

Post a Comment