Follow by Email

Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Shamrock" mani

I'm going to start by apologizing for these photos.  I used my backup camera and they're just not as nice as I'd prefer.  Although these are just clovers from my yard, we can pretend that they're shamrocks.  

I started with a base of sinful colors happy ending.  There were some clovers growing outside so I picked and pressed them.  To press them I placed them between two sheets of newspaper and put that in a book.  I put a heavy object on top of the book for several hours.   It helped flatten them nicely to make them easier to apply.  I put a little bit of a clear top coat on the green before the clovers were put on.  The whole thing was topped with seche vite which made them really smooth.  





The clover turned a little brown when the seche was added.


I used to do this with wildflowers when I was younger.  I think I'm going to have to start that up again this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment